Prayer of Confession
2nd Sunday in Advent - Year C
December 6th, 2015
Here's a prayer of confession for the 2nd Sunday in Advent (Year C), December 6th, 2015. Inspired by Luke 1:68-79.
in this season of Advent,
we welcome the coming of your light
in a world filled with darkness.
We confess to you the ways in which we have added to that darkness
rather than obeyed our call to live as children of the light.
We ask your forgiveness:
for times when we worship violence and belittle peace,
for times when we fight amongst ourselves,
for times when we forget that we are all children of God,
for times when we do not stand up for the helpless among us.
By your tender mercy,
may the dawn from on high break upon us,
and give light to those of us that sit in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the way of peace. Amen.
Permission is given for use in congregational worship. Please give the following credit: "Written by Rev. Stephen M. Fearing - www.stephenmfearing.com"
- Lighting of the Advent Candle (Peace) - Advent 2C
- Call to Worship - Advent 2C
- Prayer of the Day - Advent 2C
- Call to Confession - Advent 2C
- Prayer of Confession - Advent 2C
- Assurance of Pardon - Advent 2C
- Prayer for Illumination - Advent 2C
- Prayers of the People - Advent 2C
- Eucharistic Prayer of Great Thanksgiving - Advent 2C
- Prayer of Thanksgiving - Advent 2C