Lighting of the Advent Candle
2nd Sunday in Advent - Year C
December 6th, 2015
Here's a litany for the light of the 2nd advent candle for the 2nd Sunday in Advent (Year C), December 6th, 2015.
Without peace, we have no solace, no fulfillment.
As we continue the season of Advent,
we wait in hopeful anticipation
of the peace the Christ-child will bring to a weary world.
We seek to live as a people of peace,
working toward a world free of violence and vengeance,
where all can live free of abuse and fear.
We light this candle to symbolize the peace of Christ’s presence.
We gather to share this peace with one another.
Permission is given for use in congregational worship. Please give the following credit: "Written by Rev. Stephen M. Fearing - www.stephenmfearing.com"
- Lighting of the Advent Candle (Peace) - Advent 2C
- Call to Worship - Advent 2C
- Prayer of the Day - Advent 2C
- Call to Confession - Advent 2C
- Prayer of Confession - Advent 2C
- Assurance of Pardon - Advent 2C
- Prayer for Illumination - Advent 2C
- Prayers of the People - Advent 2C
- Eucharistic Prayer of Great Thanksgiving - Advent 2C
- Prayer of Thanksgiving - Advent 2C